- 6p: Fostering PSI (Public Sector Information) open data: PSI should be published in machine-readable format
- 7p: Enhancing big data utilization and privacy protection: Advancing international harmonization and establishing the new independent privacy commissioner (see also my recent blog post on the MIC's proposal)
The KANTEI is the coordinator of the Japanese overall IT policy, so tasks described here will be advanced by the all other government agencies. With regard to PSI open data, ministries and local governments has been distributing PSIs in disjointed formats and schemes. Privacy protection law and policy is in the almost same situation. I'm expecting this paper can harmonize and integrate them.
2) The Japanese METI (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry) published a new report on "personal data" protection and its industrial utilization. The word METI's "Personal Data" is very very hard to explain in english (this is different from the concept of the EU Data Protection Directive's one), so please understand it as a general concept referring to the information that can be linkable to an individual person.
- Establishing new entity that reviews and certificates privacy protection activities of companies (It seems like different from the "independent privacy commissioner")
- 9 http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://d.hatena.ne.jp/ikegai/20130603/p1&h=4AQGfjrVPAQH1iCqWkhnNe6lraHOSMtJvbJ9cq53x2WBGpg&s=1
- 8 http://t.co/B5rZDvyZhY
- 7 http://ikegai.jp/
- 7 https://www.facebook.com/
- 6 http://t.co/10QBSNyqnI
- 3 http://realtime.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=オープンデータ&ei=UTF-8
- 3 http://t.co/53hlhhLQDX
- 3 http://www.facebook.com/
- 2 http://b.hatena.ne.jp/takeoloox70/
- 2 http://d.hatena.ne.jp/