Java Communications API
The Java Communications API can be used to write platform-independent communications applications for technologies such as voice mail, fax, and smartcards.
This version of the Java Communications API contains support for RS232 serial ports and IEEE 1284 parallel ports. With updated functionality, one can:
- Enumerate ports available on the system.
- Open and claim ownership of ports.
- Resolve port ownership contention between multiple applications.
- Perform asynchronous and synchronous I/O on ports.
- Receive Beans-style events describing communication port state changes.