There are many kinds of method for sociology, such as Transaction Analysis, Ethnomethod, Dramaturgy, and so on. Most of all of them relate to interaction with others, of course. Well then, why do we interact with others? I think it is because we want to something by interactions. Moomin story is just the story that each character gets something he/she wants through interaction with others. Furthermore, the story teaches us that if we want to get something from others, we must give something that the others really want. The teaching is so called "Give & Take" relation. Our social relations will not continue for long time, if we continue to give something to others, or to take something from others. It is important to maintain the balance between gives and takes. So I think the relation can be used to analyze our social relations. We can know whether our social relations work good or not by examining our Give & Take relations. However, there is one problem here, that is, we can not see the real relations if we only see what we or others want, because what we want doesn't equal to what we really need. What we want is more concrete than what we need. We often don't find what we really need, although we know what we want. For example, suppose we want a glass of water. In this case, we need to quench our thirst with something, but we don't need just water. A glass of water is an example of something to quench our thirst. In other words, what we want is a metaphor of what we need, because metaphors are a kind of rhetoric which express some abstract ideas by using the more concrete ideas.
- 17 http://sc.sci.hokudai.ac.jp/labo/education
- 4 http://sc.sci.hokudai.ac.jp/labo/faculty
- 1 http://destination-explore.net/
- 1 http://www.google.co.jp/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=ja&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ACEW_jaJP373JP373&q=to do things．
- 1 http://www.google.co.jp/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&sqi=2&ved=0CD4QFjAE&url=http://d.hatena.ne.jp/mitafuri/20110614/1308016207&rct=j&q=just living&ei=nRsSTqiuGvGemQXg27GqAw&usg=AFQjCNH6EPKkVYX04pbqpw4luvdEjH2NFA