This site is Perl tutorial having many code examples. There are also many advanced topics. so this site is also recommended for people who want to learn Perl detail. Original site is Japanese site, this site is translation of the site. Now, I am translating it to English.
Other tutorial sites have many Perl4 writing style, but "Perl Tutorial by Code Examples" use Perl5 writing style only. Author is Yuki Kimoto (Email: email@example.com, facebook). Please follow Twitter if you like my site. I post update information to twitter.
Please tell "Perl Tutorial by Code Examples" to Perl beginner who use Perl in work or school. Please introduce this site on other site or BBS. you can ask Perl topic by comment.
I describe Perl basic. You can learn Perl installation, basic syntax, array, hash, regular expression, file IO, object-orientation, etc.
- Command Prompt - Command prompt usage
- What is Perl? - About Perl features.
- Perl Installation - The way to install Perl
- Master Perl Basic Syntax Quickly - Learn Perl basic quickly.
- Modern Perl Writing Style - Perl modern writing style
- Perl Regular Expressions Practical Usage - Often used Perl regular expression .
- Manipulate Array and Hash Freely - Hash and array manipulation.
- Create Subroutine - The way to create subroutine
- Understand Perl Scope - Learn scope concept
- File IO Basic - File read and write
- Perl Object-Orientation Tutorial - Object-orientation tutorial
- Debugger Manual - Debugger introduction
- Perl Tips - Useful tips.
- Perl FAQ - Perl frequent question and answer.
Translation of Perl Basic is finished. I continue to translate the following topics.
Web Application Development Tutorial (contain CGI)
One fun way to learn Perl is creating Web Application. If you create Web Application, you can publish Web service which is useful for people. Perl ability is also valuated when you find job find. You can create server side back end process of Android or iphone application.
- Web Application Development Tutorial (contain CGI) - Describe the way to develop Web Application
If you finish to learn basis, learning functions and modules is good way to improve your ability. I describe often used functions and modules. You can learn database manipulation.
- Often Used Functions - Introduction of often used functions
- Perl Module Descriptions - Module detail description
- Validator::Custom Reference - HTML form validation
- Database basic manipulation by SQLite - Database manipulation of SQLite and DBI
- DBIx::Custom Reference - Useuf database access
- Perl Other Information
- Perl Reverse Dictionary - Reverse Dictionary. You can search topic from what you want. There are simple examples.
- Perl Standard Function Reference
- Perl Language Reference - Perl language reference.
- Technique News - Hot technique news
- Essay - Varaious essay which contain Perl technical topic
- Popular entries in ”Perl Tutorial by Code Examples”
- Coding rule of ”Perl Tutorial by Code Examples”
- Applications created by Perl
Non Perl Technique Information
- CentOS Memo - CentOS environment construction, etc
- Apache Memo - Apache tutorial
- Git Memo - Git tutorial
- bash Memo - bash tutorial
- MySQL Memo - MySQL related memo
- Other Non Perl Technique Information