Open Sound Control
OpenSound Control ("OSC") is a protocol for communication among computers, sound synthesizers, and other multimedia devices that is optimized for modern networking technology and has been used in many application areas.
* Numeric and symbolic arguments to messages
* Pattern matching language to specify multiple targets of a single message
* High resolution time tags
* "Bundles" of messages whose effects must occur simultaneously
* Query system to dynamically find out the capabilities of an OSC server and get documentationhttp://www.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OpenSoundControl/